The Government of Jamaica, through the Universal Service Fund, is advancing this transformation by collaborating with local tertiary institutions to promote research in technology and innovation. The USF recognizes that the higher education sector is an incubator for Jamaica’s innovation and this collaboration will see local tertiary institutions (faculty and students) conducting research, funded by the USF, into ways ICT can transform and improve Jamaica’s socio-economic landscape.
The Call is open to research students and/or groups who are enrolled/attached to a higher education institution in Jamaica. The 2020/21 Research Grant Award is seeking to support research and innovation in areas of information communication technologies in support of the Universal Service Fund’s thrust to support a knowledge-based and technology-enabled society. As part of this thrust, the USF is seeking to empower researchers to find solutions across the following priority areas:
- Creating digital enabled services to foster digital transactions.
- Strengthen openness, inclusiveness and access of country’s digital ecosystem.
- Creating smart cities through information communication technologies.
▪ Applicant are to be Jamaican nationals enrolled in a Post Graduate Programme or named Research Group
▪ All applicants are required to submit an Application Form with a Concept Note/Abstract on the proposed research to be conducted. The Concept Note/Abstract will be reviewed and a determination made on concepts to be advanced to Request for Proposal stage. The Concept Note/Abstract should describe succinctly the direction the research will take.
▪ Applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com and copied to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 2, 2020.
▪ Applicants are required to complete a Declaration Form
NOTICE! DOWNLOAD THE GRANT APPLICANT FORM AND PROJECT PLAN DOCUMENT HERE.